NOW HIRING: COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT ASSOCIATE
Community Engagement Associates at Atlanta First UMC support the grow and engage Ministries of the church
and collaborate with the worship and serve ministries. Ideal candidates are dedicated, creative, flexible,
hard-working team players with a clear love for God and God’s people. Candidates must be willing to lead diverse
small groups, work with children and youth, and support regular community outreach events.
Pay: $15/hr. (8 hours/week)
To apply: please email resume and cover letter to the Director of Community Engagement and Connections, Jay Horton, at
● Supports up to three monthly community engagement events, like our Fall Kickoff, Beer and Boardgames, DragonCon and Pride (includes nights and weekends).
● Initiates small talk with strangers fostering greater participation in the life of faith at Atlanta First UMC.
● Serves as youth small group leader weekly, prepping and planning for hybrid (online and in-person) bible study engaging middle school and high school students.
● Plans monthly community building activities for children, youth, and their families.
● Serves as a livestream host coordinator weekly during worship, engaging with online worshippers in ways that encourage spiritual growth.
Please click the link below for full job description.